Friday 28 November 2008

Thanksgiving ..

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day.
Not having the slightest idea about it, we somehow 'celebrated'.
It was evening when my hall-mate called for an invitation to dinner at Bella Italia.
Sounds posh, huh. Usually I wouldn't even consider going, knowing roughly how much it's going to cost. But somehow I agreed without much thought this time.
But the conversation that took place was the funny part,
Ring* ring*
(In Cantonese)
Alex : Hey, do you want to go dinner together with us ?
Me : Oh! Who's us?
Alex : Me, Chris, and Becky ...(Before i even have the chance to answer ..) You come la ..you are working already right, it shouldn't be a problem for you, come la, once in a long time right? ..
Me : I didn't say no also! See you guys later he he he

I guess I give the impression of being STINGY??? I would say it's because I'm COST SAVING all the time that makes people think I'm calculative.
Situations where I don't follow them on a weekend trip because of the train fare, several times. LOL
I'm working abit now, so I guess i can flex my budget (^^,)

We ended up in a dimly-lit-with-candles Italian Restaurant. Romantic huh?.
The food was nice, all except for the carbonara which was a lil' plain and tasteless.
Overall it was alright.
When we decided to call for bill, Becky suddenly said she has a Multi-store Discount Card for students and Bella Italia is listed in it, 20% off! YAY! Unexpected gain!
So the bill was bearable, we all forked out equal amount.
*will not reveal the price, he he he*

Happy Thanksgiving