Monday 8 December 2008

Exterminator in the Elevator ..

12pm, I left my hall in a mess! Uncombed hair, half jacket dangling off my shoulder, tucking my shoe with one hand whilst holding a bag with the other. All of these odviously indicate that - I'm Late For Class! As I close the door behind me, I headed directly for the 'down' button of the elevator, hoping that I don't need to wait too long for the elevator. BTW, I live on the 7th floor.

Good grace! The elevator arrived just after 5 seconds of wait. Trying my best to cut down any redundant traveling time from my hall to campus at all, I stood directly in front of the elevator door. When it opened, there stood an over-sized guy. The moment he saw me, It was as if he suddenly needed to go somewhere in a hurry. I figured he needs to eat/shit/whatever. It was a fraction of a second before I regain composure. The heck? I need to get to class!!.

Here's where I was Exterminated-refering to my title.
It F*ckin reeks in the elevator!! ..Now the puzzle fits. That guy farted! And he cant bear the shame of me looking him in the face if I notice the gas with him around- which explain his impatience to get out of my sight the moment the door swung open!

It was a fart disaster. I swear he could've had his own personal fly, which swarms around him, waiting for him to unsheath his sword of gas. What a killing machine.
I held my breath for 7 floors. I cant use that as a time factor, but I assure you it felt almost like the escalator was mocking me, descending at it's sluggish speed. I felt so helpless trapped between rush-hour and that box of gas. I could use the stairway but no time to spare. So I resorted to psycho-ing my brain that I don't need air to breathe, but in fact suffocating.

*Ting* "Ground Floor "(Elevators Voice) - Sounded like God's messenger.

Off I went in a stride, (deep breath - inhale,exhale) to join my friend and head to class together.

PoooooooT *"Retreat!!!" Says the warriors from the movie '300'.