Tuesday 18 November 2008

Weekend to weekend ..

I cant keep track of time anymore. I know it's occuring to everyone that Chinese New Year 2008 just happened not long ago, and now you're lookin forward to replenishing your lil' piggy bank content containing your $$ you've received in red packets and used up from this year. Quite unfortunately for me, away from home, away from family, this is the 1st time in my life I'm not about to celebrate Ho! Ho! Ho! and Qong Hee Fatt Choi . (This is not self-pity,lol)

*I'm straying away from what I intended to write*

I was saying, that time passes so quickly it's scary. I think it's because of the effect of having a routine. Much similar to one I have in Malaysia. Either it's pathetic or people don't change much in a span of time, the fact that I havent changed much. Still, time flies.

here's what motivates me to look forward to tomorrow without much effort ..
  • I look forward to mondays, for squash games with the squashy gang.
  • For tuesdays, A day with no class (HELL YEAH!). A new episode of Heroes. And chance to cook myself a nice dinner =)
  • For wednesdays, I would have Squash matches against other university (we're up against Uni of Liverpool tomorrow) - Either side is gonna get their ass kicked, bet it's theirs ^^
  • Thursdays, the weekly series are ought to be out by now. A weekly dose of japanese comics, anime, sitcoms, house MD.
  • Fridays - Just the fact that its a friday causes you to scream WOOHOO! This is part of being a commoner like myself. Ecstatic form of relieve really, just to know it's weekend.
  • Saturdays & Sundays - This is the 2 day you look forward to, no reason needed. Ha ha

-----

Last weekend ended quite differently. For a change, to get a feel of the culture here, I decided to go out with Ben and Shereen for a drink. We've now redefined the Malaysian term ''yam cha'' from having teh tarik in mamak stall, to having a pint of lager (a cup of beer)(btw, those who didn't know what pint of lager is, I didn't either)

Saturday

First, we headed down to Student Union, where it's cheaper to drink. Had a pint. Played pool with the locals there. Me and Ben VS Guy 1 and Guy 2 (whatever their name was). They were much better players, there's no need to further mention the outcome of the game :( They were funny enough though, we took pictures, one of em' took out a semi-pro camera out of nowhere! Picture is with them and i'm tryin to get it asap.

Student Union closed at 12.30am. We decided to adjourn to another place called Footage. Ben's been there before and said it's reasonable to drink. So there we are. We had a lil chat and then moved on to a toy machine. Something happened. Ok, Shereen fell on the floor at the end of the happening. As she gracefully fell, the bouncer was walking by, and he thought me and Ben was bullying her, only to realise after a split second that we've just lost the final stage of winning a minor prize from the toy machine. Yeah, we bellowed in disappointment that it could be heard within 10 metres radius, people stared. Remember the music was blasting, blame the lagers.

The minor prize was - a tamagochi. Shereen wanted it sooooo bad, she fell (truth is she tripped) in disappointment when I lost the last level. Of course she wouldn't blame me, I was the only one who reached that level. Heh.

We then made friends with some people from Uni of Salford there.

This is how they say goodbye. Cheers.


Sunday

Verve, the recruitment agency I currently work for, to be given jobs like waitering in a hotel whenever there's an event , and being stationed in a kiosk at football stadium handling till machine-selling burgers, beers, and snacks etc etc.

Well they had an early christmas party. All staff were invited. Not all went. We did and together with Shereen's brother, Ken and his gang who has been here in UK for years. Drank quite a bit there.We went back early to celebrate one of em' guy's (CK) birthday. Had steamboat at their very posh apartment (to me it seems so) and it's slightly less expensive compared to where i'm staying.Dang.It was fun.

Check out the upcoming band. He he. Ben, William, n Me

-----

Oh. Oh. What happened today reminded me of what ale blogged about 'absent-mindedness

You know, things like throwing your socks into the dustbin instead of the laundry basket. Well for my case, a rather mild one, I squeezed out some hair conditioner and splash it over my face, Oooo what a feeling, refreshingly greasy. I don't know what made my motor memory think that it's a facial cleanser. Usually the sequence is - Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, face cleanser as last. It got off-track.

Now you'll never beat this. My best friend Mr.Nicholas Quek and his out of the world absent mind (only sometimes,but when it happens, listening to it the 2nd time still cracks me up).

  • hey look, it's night-time, decided to brush his teeth, Nick heads to the toilet picks up his toothbrush, spins open the cap of a facial toner and conveniently pour some on his toothbrush not realising it's not toothpaste.

  • One time, he was doing face mask, so he used a bandana to hold up his hair. After he was done with it, he thought of taking a shower to clean off, only to shampoo his bandana in the shower.

  • He was talking on the phone with me one time when I was still in Malaysia, he got off his car, locked it, and checked his pockets to see if he left anything. ''Oh I forgot my phone'' he said, I said ''oh okay''. He unlocked the car, searched high and low. Suddenly it struck him. He's holding it in his right hand to his ears LOL. I did not think about it either at that time, but when he explained what happen, I laughed so hard over the phone. LOL.

He's such a breath of fresh air. He ain't heavy, He's my best friend.